Monday, October 3, 2011

Get Out of My Own Way!

I need to remember that there is a time and a season for all things. Lately, seems like there are so many things in my life, competing for my attention that I feel incapable of doing any of them well. On top of that, there are so many things that interest me, projects that I would like to accomplish but simply do not have the time for.

Well, I realized something this afternoon, I have the same 24 hours that everyone else has been given this day. If I'm going to get anything accomplished with it, I need to get out of the way.

Here's what I mean, I am a perfectionist, a person that puts 100% into every undertaking, nothing less will do and if I can't give 100%, then I'm probably not going to even try.

That's wrong, that's selfish thinking and is meant to cripple me. I need to be happy with, "I did the best I could with what I had" and recognize that I have to be flexable, as well as focused.

So, among all the things that I hope to be able to accomplish before this year ends, the most important will be to take time to meditate. Another thing that I feel the need for, is to weed out the things that just aren't very important at this time in my life. Get rid of everything that is not useful to me now - physical and spiritual house cleaning. Once all the clutter is out of my life, I will be able to get more accomplished.

Just a bit to chew on,
tiki

1 comment:

  1. hey there, my dear friend, so glad to find you here! love this post, just one question, do you hire out on the de-cluttering job? i so need motivation to do that too!
    began emdr this week, not sure what i think of it yet. but i am gonna give it 100% or... maybe just y best ;O)
    ttys <3

    ReplyDelete